12. Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.
13. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
17. For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18. And, "If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"
19. So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
40. "As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.
41. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.
42. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.