1. I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.
2. God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don't you know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah--how he appealed to God against Israel:
3. "Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me" ?
4. And what was God's answer to him? "I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal."
5. So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.
6. And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
33. Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
34. "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?"
35. "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?"
36. For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.