1. Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God--
2. the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
3. regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,
4. and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
5. Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith.
6. And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.
7. To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.
9. God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you
10. in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
11. I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong--
12. that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.
13. I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.
14. I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish.
15. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome.
16. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
17. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."