5. Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways.
6. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
7. This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways.
8. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD.
9. "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house.