1. Woe to the city of oppressors, rebellious and defiled!
2. She obeys no one, she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD, she does not draw near to her God.
3. Her officials are roaring lions, her rulers are evening wolves, who leave nothing for the morning.
4. Her prophets are arrogant; they are treacherous men. Her priests profane the sanctuary and do violence to the law.
5. The LORD within her is righteous; he does no wrong. Morning by morning he dispenses his justice, and every new day he does not fail, yet the unrighteous know no shame.
9. "Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder.
10. From beyond the rivers of Cush my worshipers, my scattered people, will bring me offerings.
11. On that day you will not be put to shame for all the wrongs you have done to me, because I will remove from this city those who rejoice in their pride. Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill.
12. But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.
13. The remnant of Israel will do no wrong; they will speak no lies, nor will deceit be found in their mouths. They will eat and lie down and no one will make them afraid."
14. Sing, O Daughter of Zion; shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O Daughter of Jerusalem!
15. The LORD has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm.
16. On that day they will say to Jerusalem, "Do not fear, O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp.
17. The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."