8. "In that day," declares the LORD, "will I not destroy the wise men of Edom, men of understanding in the mountains of Esau?
9. Your warriors, O Teman, will be terrified, and everyone in Esau's mountains will be cut down in the slaughter.
10. Because of the violence against your brother Jacob, you will be covered with shame; you will be destroyed forever.
11. On the day you stood aloof while strangers carried off his wealth and foreigners entered his gates and cast lots for Jerusalem, you were like one of them.
12. You should not look down on your brother in the day of his misfortune, nor rejoice over the people of Judah in the day of their destruction, nor boast so much in the day of their trouble.
13. You should not march through the gates of my people in the day of their disaster, nor look down on them in their calamity in the day of their disaster, nor seize their wealth in the day of their disaster.
14. You should not wait at the crossroads to cut down their fugitives, nor hand over their survivors in the day of their trouble.
15. "The day of the LORD is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head.
16. Just as you drank on my holy hill, so all the nations will drink continually; they will drink and drink and be as if they had never been.