11. The LORD thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command. The day of the LORD is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?
12. `Even now,` declares the LORD, `return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.`
13. Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
14. Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing-- grain offerings and drink offerings for the LORD your God.
21. Be not afraid, O land; be glad and rejoice. Surely the LORD has done great things.
22. Be not afraid, O wild animals, for the open pastures are becoming green. The trees are bearing their fruit; the fig tree and the vine yield their riches.
23. Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.
24. The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.
25. `I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten-- the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm -- my great army that I sent among you.
26. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed.
27. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed.
28. `And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
29. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
30. I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
32. And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.