29. Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them.
30. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes,
31. and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."
32. In spite of this, you did not trust in the LORD your God,
4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
5. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
6. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
7. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
8. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
9. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
13. Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.
14. Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you;
15. for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
6. For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
7. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples.
8. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
9. Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
10. But those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction; he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.
7. Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, "Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the LORD swore to their forefathers to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance.
8. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."