7. The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.
8. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey--the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.
9. And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.
10. So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt."
11. But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
12. And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."
12. Moses said to the LORD, "You have been telling me, `Lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, `I know you by name and you have found favor with me.'
13. If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people."
14. The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
34. Then the cloud covered the Tent of Meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
35. Moses could not enter the Tent of Meeting because the cloud had settled upon it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
36. In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out;
37. but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out--until the day it lifted.
38. So the cloud of the LORD was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels.