7. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples.
8. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
9. Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
10. But those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction; he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.
11. Therefore, take care to follow the commands, decrees and laws I give you today.
16. Be joyful always;
17. pray continually;
18. give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
19. Do not put out the Spirit's fire;
20. do not treat prophecies with contempt.
21. Test everything. Hold on to the good.
22. Avoid every kind of evil.
23. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
25. Brothers, pray for us.
26. Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss.
27. I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.
28. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.