1. I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.
2. My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
3. in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.
5. For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
6. So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him,
7. rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
8. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.
9. For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,