16. We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17. For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
18. We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.
19. And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
20. Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation.
21. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.