13. "I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.
14. I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.
15. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
16. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.
17. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
18. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.
19. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
12. Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
13. for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
14. Do everything without complaining or arguing,
15. so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
16. as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.