12. The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry.
13. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.
14. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." And his disciples heard him say it.
20. In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
21. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!"
22. "Have faith in God," Jesus answered.
23. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.
24. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
25. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. "